PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs):
The Program Educational Objectives for our Civil Engineering program are to produce graduates
- Be employed as a practicing engineer in fields such as design, development, testing and
research or undertake higher studies.
- Engage in lifelong self-directed learning, a capacity that is vital for success in today’s
global and rapidly changing engineering environment.
- Create new methods / processes to meet the society needs with their knowledge.
- Conduct themselves as ethical and responsible professionals with good communication
skills and demonstrate leadership skills.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs):
The program must enable students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve engineering problems
appropriate to CIVIL ENGINEERING.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the design requirements
appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implements, and evaluate construction projects and industrial
processes to meet desired needs of the society.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An ability to identify, formulates, analyze and solve problems and substantiate the
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and
- An ability to communicate the engineering activities effectively with a range of audience.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of CIVIL ENGINEERING on
individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional
development through Life Long Learning.
- An ability to continuously update their knowledge on contemporary issues.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for CIVIL
- An ability to qualify in competitive examinations like GATE, IES etc.,